Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Different Road

My Life in 5 short chapters
Chapter 1: I walk down a road, there is a hole.
I don't see the hole, I fall in.
It takes a long time to get out.
Chapter 2: I walk down the same road, there is that hole.
I pretend not to see the hole, I fall in.
It takes me a long time to get out.
Chapter 3: I walk down the same road, there is that hole.
I see the hole, I fall in.
I get out quickly.
Chapter 4: I walk down the same road, there is that hole.
I walk around the hole.
Chapter 5: I walk down a different road!
This has been a rough couple of weeks for me, culminating with a really rough weekend. I'm so tired of walking down that road, pretending that the hole isn't there - or - thinking that I am Super Woman and I can 'fly past or over it' and it won't affect me. I guess maybe I am ready to start walking down a different road.
Can you relate with this life story? Are you tired of doing the same thing all the time? Sometimes my life story isn't just 5 chapters, but it could be expanded many times over in the middle - because of my own stubornness, and my struggle to ask for help. Somewhere I read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. How often I find myself caught in this vicious cycle. I am so tired of being frustrated about the same things - over and over again.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (Amplified Bible) states: "Lean on, trust in, and be
confident in the Lord, with ALL your heart, and mind, and do NOT
rely on your own insight, and understanding. In all your ways,
know, recognize, and acknowledge HIM, and HE will direct,
and make straight and plain, your paths.
Maybe there is hope for me yet, if I am willing to follow "His" road map.
My prayer: Lord, A different road, that is what I pray that You, the Almighty God, will show me. As You show me that road, I pray that I will have the courage and strength to walk in
it, regardless of my feelings - trusting You completely.
As we walk this road together, let us join in with each other helping one another, without standing in judgement of one another.
I have a prayer request as I stand together with a good friend in prayer for a wonderful 14 year old boy, who is really struggling right now. We pray that God will give the doctors wisdom, the family courage, and most of all, my little buddy the knowledge that he is loved so so much, and life wouldn't be the same without him here. I don't want him to be 42 and struggling with where he fits in, so I can only pray that he will find that place soon, so he can smile again.
Consider yourself hugged. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: