Monday, February 9, 2009

A world of hurt

This last week has been a rough one. It seems like every where I look, including in the mirror - people that I know and love and hurting and I feel so inadequate to be able to do anything about it.



My motto in life is to live life with no regrets, and as I get older, I find that is getting harder to do. We all make choices in life, and many of them have consequences, but what about those things that we don't choose. I have a wonderful friend, whose husband has cystic fibrosis, he didn't chose this yet they live daily with the side effects of this horrible disease. I have another friend, whose niece tragically died this past Thursday morning - trying to take care of some physical pain she was having. Still another friend who has had to deal with the reality that people are not always thinking about others, but making choices to suit themselves best knowing full well that if found out I see 2 little girls whose life has been turned upside down in the past few months because of poor choices that their parents have made - and to all of this, I can't do anything about it.



Where is God? Why does He seem so far away during these times? I know that He is in control, and I just have to allow things to happen, but no where does it say that I have to like it. So to all of you who are hurting, please know that you are loved and that I am praying for you. If you need to talk, vent, yell, scream, or whatever, you know where to find me. Consider yourself hugged.

No comments: