Saturday, March 7, 2009

Living life with no regrets.

I have had several people comment on the title of my blog - Living life with No Regrets. Let me try to explain what I mean by it. My motto has always been Noregrets. Having dealt with many many things throughout my childhood and my adulthood, I have had to make a conscious decision to do the best I can not to make decisions that I will regret later. But unfortunately, I don't control absolutely everything around me, and so yes, there will be some regrets in my life, as there are in every life. I can't control people's actions, but I can control my reaction - and there are some people who don't have that ability. So as I try hard to do those things that are pleasing to God, regardless what friends, family, or society says at times, I strive to do it in such a way, where there won't be regrets later.



Jeremiah 29:11 states; "for I know that plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Reality says that God's plans might be good, but that doesn't mean that other people are going to be trying to do what is best for each other. Unfortunately, as we were all born with a sin nature, we will all screw up, be selfish at times, and hopefully realize it before it is to late.



I am thankful that I am learning who to trust, and who to hold at arms length. These past few weeks, I have heard how important it is for a husband and wife to protect each other, and I agree totally - but at this point I have no husband, so I will hold fast to the scripture that states that God is my vindicator and I will learn to trust Him more - and be careful who I chose to put my trust in, here on the ground.



I wish life were different at times, but I am trusting God for the bigger picture, and doing my best to live life with no regrets.

No comments: