Friday, June 4, 2010

Being Thankful - a new perspective

I have always tried to be Thankful and remember all the blessings that I have been blessed with. Sometimes it is harder than others - but right now, I am in a Great place, and am excited to be part of what God is doing and how He is blessing me right now. It is interesting to be saying that, because I am in the middle of something that is so hard for me. I am going through a Mount Moriah experience, but in the midst of the "stripping away" - the blessings keep flowing, and it makes me so excited to see what God is up to. I have my eyes set on a goal, something that will happen in November, and really feel in my spirit, that it will be at that time and in that place, that I will then understand the last year. But until then, I continue to keep my eyes on Him and remind myself that God is truly faithful - and can be trusted. He has NEVER failed me and never will.

In all of it, I was reminded of how truly blessed I am. Maybe those of you who read my blog, need to be reminded of what things to be thankful for, because at the place that you are in your life right now, things aren't looking so good. There are a lot of things that are happening in your life, and you need a little something to help put things in perspective for you.

If you find it hard to get to sleep tonight, think of the homeless family who has no bed.
If you find yourself stuck in traffic, don't despair think of the people in this world who have no automobile.
If you have a bad day at work, think of the man who has been out of work for 3 months.
If you despair over a relationship that is in trouble, think of the person who has never known
what it is like to love and be loved.
If you are grieved with your boss, because he won't let you work a 4 day work week so that you
can have a 3 day weekend, think about the woman who works 12 hours a day, 7 days a week,
just to have enough money to put food on the table for her children.
If you are frustrated because your car broke down a mile from your destination, think of
the paraplegic that would give anything to make that walk.
Should you notice a gray hair in the mirror, think of the cancer patient, who is going through chemotherapy, who wishes they had some hair to examine.
When you are sick and tired of your children's messes, think of the parents who just buried their child because of a terminal illness.
When you find yourself discouraged because you can't figure out what your life's calling is - be thankful - because there are those who didn't get to live long enough to even think about it.
If you wish your children would just sit down and be quiet - think of the single mom, who has just been given the news, that there is nothing else they can do for her 6 year old who has leukemia.
And last but certainly not least, if you find yourself the victim of another person's bitterness, ignorance, smallness, or insecurities, remember things could be worse - you could be that person.

Hopefully this helps put "the little things" into perspective. Be thankful!

Walking with the King, Sandy

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Very inspiring Sandy. This post is a blessing in itself to all who read it.