Saturday, June 26, 2010

Deer at the River

Yesterday, I was blessed with seeing 2 deer along the Yakima River. I was traveling on Hwy 24, from Moxee to Yakima, and just happened to look down at the old KOA campground - and there were 2 deer. They were walking towards the river - and so I am assuming that they were heading for a drink. The thing that made this unusual, was that it was in the middle of the day - and usually you only see the deer during the cool of the evening or early in the morning. I slowed down, but didn't want to impede traffic, but it was really neat for me to see.

I was reminded of the scripture - Psalm 42:1-2 " As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"

I think of some of the things that have been going on in my life the last 3 months, and I totally understand this scripture. I think I can even understand, these 2 deer, seeking "living water" in the midst of the day. Sometimes the heat is turned up, and we will do just about anything to go and meet with God, for a thirst quenching drink, for some refreshment, some cooling down. Psalms 23:2-3 states As He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.

I am so thankful for those times of restoration, the times where He gently guides me to areas of quiet waters and cool meadows - where He can minister to me in exactly the areas that He needs to.

I'm not sure where you are at, but remember even in the "heat of life" He wants to restore our souls, but we have to be willing to "thirst for Him". John 7:37 states "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink." I think, as the day of His appearing draws close, it would be wise to become thirsty for the things of God - otherwise, in our dehydration, we will miss out on His wonderful blessings for us.

Just a thought.
Walking with the King,
Sandy

No comments: