Sunday, May 17, 2009

The power of laughter

We just returned from Boston, and a wonderful young lady's graduation. During this time, I was blessed with meeting more of Kim and Karyn's family - as the majority of us camped during this 4 day event. Now I had met many of these family members before, but this weekend was something else. We laughed and laughed and laughed, until my head hurt.

We all cooked together, ate together, played games, sat around the campfire, etc - and just enjoyed the weekend together - and most of all we laughed. The truly neat thing about this, is age was NOT a factor - the young to the old spent time together, enjoying each other's company.

The scriptures say that laughter is a strong medicine - and I truly believe that - so this past weekend, I must have had millions of endorphines released into my body to attack all the "stuff" that isn't supposed to be there.

This weekend stirred up a lot of other emotions, and I will have to sort those out and write about them at a later date - so for now, I need to go and find the Tylenol - because my head still hurts.

Let me challenge each person who reads this, find something to do, with someone you love, that will lead you to laughing. It is an awesome feeling. But........... those of you without a strong bladder, you better put on the Depends first - because indulging in long rounds of unadulterated laughter might lead to bladder leakage ;).

Love to you all,
walking with the King, Sandy

No comments: