Thursday, July 8, 2010

Faith vs. Fear

Have you ever had to make a decision that was far beyond the scope of anything you ever would want to have to decide? If you have, do you make the decision based on Faith, or out of fear?

I find myself at a place right now where I have some decisions to make and I have to decide what is the best for me. Should I make my decisions out of my Faith, knowing that God is in control, and ultimately will have His way anyway? Or should I make them out of fear of rejection, or pain, or the unknown?

Deuteronomy 31:8It is the Lord Who goes before you; He will [march] with you; He will not fail you or let you go or forsake you; [let there be no cowardice or flinching, but] fear not, neither become broken [in spirit--depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm].

2 Corinthians 4:16Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

I guess after spending some time in the scriptures, once again, I will step out in Faith - and trust God for the final outcome to be in perfect keeping of His perfect will.

Just a few thoughts,
As I walk with the King,
Sandy

No comments: