Sunday, July 18, 2010

My God is an awesome God!

It was so awesome to be sitting with 13,000 people tonight worshiping and praising our God. There is just something about being in a choir that big.

No matter what might be going on in our personal lives, corporately we were able to beckon heaven to turn it's ears on, so to speak. For that little while, we were able to focus on what is truly important - God, and His Kingdom.

On the way home, found out about a fire out around where my parents live, and so I tried to go and see what was going on. You could see the glow from Yakima, 15 miles away - no, not just the smoke, but the orange glow, from 5-6,000 acres of wild fire that was racing through the sage brush, threatening homes, blackening the earth.

This might be weird, but the thought that went through me, was, will we be able to see the orange glow from Hell - thus reminding us of all the Jesus did for us, so that we wouldn't have to endure the heat? How awesome is a God that would sacrifice His most precious thing, for me? when there is absolutely NOTHING that I can give in return, that even comes close to being worthy of that?

Just reminds me of how Awesome my God is.
Just a thought,
As I'm walking with the King,
Sandy

No comments: