Monday, July 5, 2010

Take your Daughter to Golf week

I was driving by one of the area golf courses, here in Yakima, today and saw on their reader board it said, take your Daughter to Golf week. As I quickly scanned the golf course, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of Male/Female pairs around the course. Now, I am not saying that they were all Father/Daughters, but if some of them were, that would be great.

I have been truly blessed with a great Dad. Many of you have heard me say that it takes only minutes to become a Father, but a lifetime to become a Dad. For those of you who don't know, my Dad is my step dad. Now granted, he is the only Dad that I have ever known, but he is Dad. It makes me smile when people, who don't know the little "step dad" information, tell me how much I look like my dad.

My Dad is a gentle giant. He is strong enough to be the head of our household, but gentle enough to not smash my mom's spirit. He is her strongest defender, and my mom is NOT always the easiest to live with. I know that for a fact, and I can say that, because the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, and I am my mother's daughter. There have been times in my life, when my mom would have nothing to do with me, but my dad has always been there, supportive and loving, no matter what. I have been truly blessed!!!

But that brings me to my thought for the day. I have been blessed with a great dad, but there are many people out there, that haven't had that blessing. But I am so glad to be able to say that we have all been blessed with an absolutely awesome heavenly Father. He is strong enough to be the head of our lives, if we allow Him to, but yet, even in our stupidity and making dumb mistakes, He will be our biggest defender. He loves us un-conditionally - and I love being able to say that I am His favorite, and each one of us is His favorite. Don't ask me how He does it, but I love knowing that He is able to say to each and everyone of us that we are the apple of His eye.
We have such a loving Daddy - and I know that I certainly don't Thank Him enough, but maybe this week, seeing that sign every day, at least for a week, I will be reminded what a great Dad I have here on earth, and even more important what a Great Dad I have in heaven - who loves me so much more than anyone here on earth ever will. As I am reminded of this, hopefully I will learn to be more open with my thanks to them both.

Just a few thoughts,
As I am walking with the King,
Sandy

No comments: