Sunday, July 4, 2010

Video Blog: With All I Am (By Hillsong)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrAafe7Mns

I really struggled with whether or not I would do any videos blogs during this month - but then I figured I am still writing, just supplementing it with a great song. I love this song - because in many ways it is a song reminding us what is important, maybe even a song of dedication or re-dedication.

One of the things that I love about house sitting, I wrote about this on Friday July 2 "Finding the right key", is I can crank the music and just worship as I want to. To do this in my 5th wheel would be a little difficult, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate my "joyful noise." In a "normal" house, I can sing and dance and just worship freely - call me a fanatic, that is okay - but I absolutely love to spend several hours in worship - it gives me strength to get through my days, and my nights.

For the past few months, I have been going thru what I like to call the "Mt Moriah" experience. Maybe I will write more about this in the coming days, but basically it is a time where God is calling me to do some incredibly difficult things in my life - and maybe that is why this song has become important to me. One of the verses says: "I'll walk with You, wherever You Go, Thru tears and joy, I will trust You." This is something that is really easy to say, or sing, but to live out is a completely different. I'm not bashful about my Faith, I love Jesus more than I love anything else - but I am also able to say that there are many things that I struggle with, and there are so so many questions that I will be asking God about when I get to heaven, because I just don't understand the whys. I know it is not our place to need to know the whys, but it would sure make life easier at times.

The scriptures that keep coming to my mind today are found in 2 Corinthians. I will be taking them out of the Amplified Bible - so bear with me: 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hedged in (pressed) on every side (troubled and oppressed in every way), but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair. We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted (to stand alone); we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17 "Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is (progressively) decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being (progressively) renewed day after day. For our light momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory (beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease."

Now,my take on the above scriptures - life is not going to be easy, people will fail us, and we will fail people. There will be times when we feel as if the entire world is against us, and we are all alone, but even as we are laying in the dust - crying out in pain, Jesus is right there with us, understanding the pain, wrapping us in His arms and just loving us. Our bodies will wear out, whether from age or disease, or even our own actions, but this is not a permanent. This all happens because God is so in love with us that He is preparing us for a "glory" that we can't even begin to imagine. (I do have to admit though, I don't consider this a "light momentary affliction" - lol, but I guess in light of eternity, It probably is just "momentary".

So let me encourage those of you, that are struggling with life right now - Realize that He does hold your world in the Palm of His Hand. He is in charge and loves us all so very much. Learn to say, even thru the rough times "I'll walk with You, wherever You go, thru tears and joy, I will trust You." Does it make our "momentary" circumstances different, No, but at least we realize that we are not alone and He is there to give us the strength that we need to endure.

Just a few thoughts as I walk with the King, Sandy

No comments: