Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who are we representing?

I had to laugh the other day. I got a note from the tour group that I am traveling with this fall, God willing. It had a packing list - and one of the things that really caught my eye was "a good attitude."

Now, I would think that that would go without saying, but as I thought about it, I thought, 'there are lots of people who are very critical and negative when they go somewhere.' We Americans, have a bad reputation in places, and I don't want to have to go in somewhere and be viewed as "one of those Americans."

2 Corinthians 5:20 - states that 'we are Christ's Ambassadors - God's representatives so to speak - and it makes me wonder, what kind of representative am I for Him? I pray that when people look at me, they will see that there is something different about me, and are curious what it is.

I know that I am in NO WAY perfect, or even close to perfect - but I know that I am doing the best that I can, to be different than the world.

Thank you Lord for loving me just the way that I am, but loving me to much to leave me that way.

Just a few thoughts,
As I am walking with the King,
Sandy

No comments: